At Star Dental Riverside, we always do what’s best for our patients. Our dentists understand that each patient is unique. Thus each patient will need custom treatments. When a patient has one or more missing teeth, we recommend bridges. Star Dental Group uses up-to-the-minute dental technology. Our technology enhances our dentistry services for more superior cosmetic results.
What Is A Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a simple way to replace missing teeth. Bridges are a fixed dental restoration. These restorations bridge gaps that exist between your teeth. In simple form, bridges consist of two or more tooth crowns that surround a gap. These two anchoring teeth are referred to as abutments. Between the abutments is the false tooth. This false tooth can be made from a variety of materials such as gold or porcelain. Natural teeth or implants can support a bridge.
What Are The Benefits Of Getting A Bridge?
Patients love bridges since they can:
- Restore your original and charismatic smile!
- Help you maintain the shape of your face.
- Prevent your remaining teeth from drifting out of their position.
- Restore your ability to speak and chew food normally.
So, if you want to treat yourself with a new and charming smile, contact us for an appointment.
Are There Any Risks Getting A Bridge?
Like any procedure, they can be risks and complications. For bridges, potential risks include:
- ill-fitting placement that leads to tooth decay beneath the crown
- a decrease in natural healthy tooth structures
- possible restoration collapse from weak supporting teeth
- the need for an eventual replacement
Our cosmetic dentists will go over all the pros and cons if you’re considering a bridge. We want all patients to make the best decision for their oral health.
What Are Crowns?
Dental crowns (caps) are simple dental restorations or caps placed over your tooth. They are useful in cases where your tooth is damaged or decayed. Many patients choose to get crowns for cosmetic purposes as well. Crowns are fantastic at blending in with your surrounding teeth to hide imperfections.
Do I Need To Get A Crown?
Dentists will recommend a crown if:
- There’s excessive damage or tooth decay present
- A tooth that’s become weaker where a filling won’t help it
- Presence of a tooth fracture
- Having discolored teeth and compromised facial appearance
What Are The Benefits?
Crowns are very versatile in dentistry. They are quite useful in many instances, such as:
- teeth strengthening
- shape and size restoration of a tooth
- providing cover on a dental implant
- giving added protection to a weak or broken tooth
- hiding discolorations on teeth
- attaching as a post for bridge attachment
- holding a filling together
- improving your smile and self-confidence
Is There Any Side Effects With Getting A Crown?
Please be aware that with any dental procedure, there are potential risks. There’s a low risk of complications with getting a dental crown. Since the process doesn’t involve any significant oral surgery.
Potential risks include:
- gum or mouth infections
- excessive bleeding at the treatment site
- allergic reaction to the local anesthetic
- side effects to the pain medication prescribed post-treatment
- possible tooth decay beneath the crown from an incorrect fitting
Our top-rated and reliable dentists will go over all the pros and cons with you. At Star Dental Riverside, we want all patients to know what their options are. To balance their needs and expectations to come to the best decision for them.
Schedule An Appointment.
Be it porcelain, crystal zirconia, or all-ceramic crown; our Star Dental Group specialists ensure that you get quality and clinically sound treatment in a single visit. So if you’re unhappy with your teeth or experiencing issues, a bridge or crown can help. To learn more, schedule a consultation today. Our dentists in Riverside will create that attractive smile you’ve always wanted to get.